Top 20 Books of 2016: 10-6
10. The Thank You Book by Mo Willems [Disney-Hyperion | Grades K-2]
Because it ended on a high note.
9. It Is Not Time for Sleeping by Lisa Graff, illustrated by Lauren Castillo [Clarion Books | PreK-1]
Because it’s the best bedtime book of the year.
8. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill [Algonquin Young Readers | Grades 5 and Up]
Because a fairy tale this good has to be here.
7. The Wild Robot by Peter Brown [Little, Brown | Grades 3-6]
Because it’s modern and timeless and great all at once.
6. The Marvelous Thing That Came From a Spring by Gilbert Ford [Atheneum Books | Grades K-4]
Because who knew the story of the Slinky could be so compelling?
About Travis Jonker
Travis Jonker is an elementary school librarian in Michigan. He writes reviews (and the occasional article or two) for School Library Journal and is a member of the 2014 Caldecott committee. You can email Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow him on Twitter: @100scopenotes.
SLJ Blog Network