10. The Thank You Book by Mo Willems [Disney-Hyperion | Grades K-2]
Because it ended on a high note.
9. It Is Not Time for Sleeping by Lisa Graff, illustrated by Lauren Castillo [Clarion Books | PreK-1]
Because it’s the best bedtime book of the year.
8. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill [Algonquin Young Readers | Grades 5 and Up]
Because a fairy tale this good has to be here.
7. The Wild Robot by Peter Brown [Little, Brown | Grades 3-6]
Because it’s modern and timeless and great all at once.
6. The Marvelous Thing That Came From a Spring by Gilbert Ford [Atheneum Books | Grades K-4]
Because who knew the story of the Slinky could be so compelling?