ALA Annual True/False Test
The American Library Association Annual Conference is nigh, and Iâ€™m pleased to say that Iâ€™ll be attending and taking part in a session called Children’s and YA Book Blogs: Enhancing Library Services at 8:00 am on Sunday, June 27.
Please mark the following â€œtrueâ€ or â€œfalseâ€ (answer key below).
1. The room where our program is taking place (Washington Convention Center, 204 B/C) is actually the starting point of a Neil Gaiman book signing line. ____
2. I’ll be there riding the coattails of outstanding childrenâ€™s lit bloggers Pam Coughlin (MotherReader) and Elizabeth Burns (A Chair, a Fireplace, a Tea Cozy). ____
3. Our session has been dubbed â€œThe Early Blog Specialâ€ and waffles will be served. ____
4. Since the conference is in Washington D.C., I will desperately searching for any way to mention that I have done some Abe Lincoln impersonation in my day. ____
See you there!
1. False. That was a cheap ploy. Sorry about that.
2. True. Hopefully not literally – riding coattails really does a number on your tailbone, I hear.
3. The first half true (although Iâ€™m the only one calling it that), second part false (although, I wish).
4. True. “Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a librarian convention…”
Filed under: News
About Travis Jonker
Travis Jonker is an elementary school librarian in Michigan. He writes reviews (and the occasional article or two) for School Library Journal and is a member of the 2014 Caldecott committee. You can email Travis at email@example.com, or follow him on Twitter: @100scopenotes.
SLJ Blog Network
Strega Nona Stamps Are Coming
Creating a Collective Black Ancestry: Researcher Kimberly Annece Henderson Discusses Dear Yesteryear
Review: Victory! Stand!
Book Review: Julia and the Shark by Kiran Millwood Hargrave with illustrations by Tom de Freston
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving