Link Du Jour: Bestselling Children’s Books of 2009
Attention folks interested in 2009 children’s book sales figures: they’re out.
Publishers Weekly has broken down which titles moved the most units in aught nine. My notes are as follows:
- Dang, Golden Books are still sellin’ by the truckload.
- Wimpy Kid took #1 and #2 in the hardcover frontlist category?
- If you slap Twilight on anything rectangular it will sell.
- The same goes for Fancy Nancy.
- Series books are where it’s at. Barely a stand-alone to be found at the top of the lists.
(Thanks to Educating Alice for the link)
Top Image: ‘cash register keys‘ http://www.flickr.com/photos/54289096@N00/3154132
Filed under: Link Du Jour
About Travis Jonker
Travis Jonker is an elementary school librarian in Michigan. He writes reviews (and the occasional article or two) for School Library Journal and is a member of the 2014 Caldecott committee. You can email Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow him on Twitter: @100scopenotes.
SLJ Blog Network