The Newbery Medal Infographic

A couple months back I realized that although there are tons of infographics in the world, there aren’t many with a children’s literature focus. Let’s right that wrong.

Last time out we had the world’s first Caldecott Medal infographic, and today we take on Newbery. Click to enlarge.

NewberyInfographic title=
easel.ly

Comments

1. Debbie Reese says:

Kind of frightening that most people don’t realize that ISLAND OF THE BLUE DOLPHINS is riddled with errors of bias and omission and stereotyping.

2. PragmaticMom says:

Great graphic! I’ve pinned it onto my Best Books for Kids Pinterest Board: http://pinterest.com/pragmaticmom/best-books-for-kids/

3. Eric Carpenter says:

Nice. I eagerly await the presumably forthcoming Geisel, Carnegie, Printz, Odyssey, Sibert, CSK, and Belpré infographics!

• Travis Jonker says:

Ha – you may be waiting a while for those (but I’m game). Whenever I do one of these I feel like I’m channeling my inner Eric Carpenter so I’m glad you had a look at it

4. Judy Freeman says:

Thanks, Travis. I missed the one you did on Caldecott, so I got to see two cool charts in one day–double the fun! These are wonderful.

5. Lisa says:

This is amazing. Is the Geisel infographic next? Mo Willems would probably break some records on that one.

6. Darla says:

You might want to add that Robert Lawson is (so far) the only one to win both the Caldecott ( 1941 They Were Strong and Good) and the Newbery (1945 Rabbit Hill) :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] account to see my recent reading accomplishments. Also, if you like charts, learn more about the Newbery Award. posted under Book Reviews, Reading, [...]