The Caldecott Medal Infographic

You’ve seen infographics, right? Those visual representations of information that seem to be popping up everywhere on the internet? While I’ve seen some about books and reading, I’ve yet to see a children’s literature-specific infographic. So I decided to fire up www.easel.ly and give it a shot.

So here we have the world’s first Caldecott Medal infographic. Click to enlarge.

image The Caldecott Medal Infographic
easel.ly

share save 171 16 The Caldecott Medal Infographic

Comments

1. Beth says:

This made me realize that it isn’t impossible that someone winning and honoring the same year is actually possible this year. Not likely I would imagine, but within reason.

• Travis Jonker says:

And there’s a pretty viable candidate this year – Erin Stead with And Then It’s Spring and Bear Has a Story to Tell.

• Karen MacPherson says:

Travis — This is wonderful! I’m hosting a monthly Caldecott Birthday Club at my library, looking at a different decade of Medal and Honor books each time, and I can’t wait to share this graphic at our next meeting!

Thanks for doing it.

2. Eric says:

I’d say Klassen is another viable candidate for both on winning and honoring this year as well.

3. lisa simon-gerin says:

Isn’t it interesting that some of our most prolific female illustrators, for example, Jan Brett,have not won Caldecotts?
    Thanks for the infographic, Travis. I’ll use it with my Library Media classes for author studies this year.

4. Caryn says:

This is awesome Travis! I’m a sucker for infographics and an obsessive for picture books so this is a win-win!

Trackbacks

1. [...] The Caldecott Medal Infographic — @100scopenotes 100 Scope Notes. Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestLike this:Like Loading… [...]