Create Your Own Middle Grade Book Title for Girls!

I often talk cover trends on this here blog, but rarely do title trends come up. Well, it appears we’re in the midst of one for middle grade books aimed at girls. The equation goes like this:

The (insert word ending in -ion) of (insert slightly off kilter first and last name for girls)

Have you noticed this? The way I see it, the only way to properly address this trend is to create your own MG title for girls using the handy Middle Grade Title Generator. Click here to give it a shot.

Screen shot 2011 05 11 at 10.17.54 PM 500x304 Create Your Own Middle Grade Book Title for Girls!

Click the button and get a new title. Before you know it you’ll be cranking out gems like these:

The Gentrification of Geraldine Frankenbloom

The Indigestion of Moxy Fitzwomper

The Overestimation of Nona VanPoperson

share save 171 16 Create Your Own Middle Grade Book Title for Girls!

Comments

1. Rebecca says:

I had a great laugh over “The Irrigation of Bristol Dejello,” which I imagine it will singlehandedly add the word “colon” to the vocabulary of many 10-year-olds. Ha!

2. Alyson says:

How fun is this … Here is another one to add to the list – The Demystification of Apple Piddlehauser

3. Sam Bloom says:

The Subclassification of Blossom Farfadoodle… awesome!

4. Heidi Grange says:

The Aromatization of Rhubarb Loopdeeloo!! Giggle, Giggle, Laugh. Definitely memorable.

5. Linda says:

Are you SURE that “The Actualization of Zoe Frankenbloom” isn’t a real book? I’m imagining the plot now. It’s all down to something her therapist said and a case of mistaken identity.

6. I kept clicking to get more titles, but when The Zombification of Apple McGillicutty hit, I had to just stop and gaze at it. I would buy that for our collection, I would.

7. Well, I just made up my own with words that came to mind, and I’m pretty sure The Beautification of Joleen Ottoberry would sell.

8. Lisa says:

I prefer the failed dignity of The Excommunication of Willow Diddledeedee…

9. Kate Coombs says:

I got The Reindustrialization of Blossom Babensox, which for some reason makes me think of the Real Housewives of NYC rather than a children’s book.

10. Sera Rivers says:

Classic! Mine is perfect for all the rain we’ve been having this past week. Now I know why: “The Extinction of Sunshine Buttleboo”

11. Maddy says:

I loved “The Fossilization of Bristol Knoxabickle”. Also, “The Pixilation of Harlow Fitzwomper”. And, “The Digestion of Rainbow Rumplezang”. This is hilarious! Thanks you!