Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T-Shirt

Recently, as librarians are wont to do, I was engaged in an absorbing cardigan sweater conversation with Julie Jurgens (@himmissjulie) and Elizabeth Burns (@LizB) on Twitter. Suddenly, Julie (of the excellent blog Hi Miss Julie!) came up with a genius idea.

The cardigan t-shirt.

I repeat. The cardigan t-shirt.

Inspired by the tuxedo shirt…

Tux Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

…it would have a cardigan printed on it. There should, nay, needs to be a t-shirt with a cardigan printed on it. Imagine the librarian humor possibilities!

Here’s what it might look like:

shirtmockup Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

Or, if you really want to make a striking impression, you could try one of these bold styles:

shirtmockup1 Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

shirtmockup3 Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

shirtmockup4 Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

shirtmockup5 Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

Let’s get this done.

share save 171 16 Million Dollar Idea: The Cardigan T Shirt

Comments

1. Liz B says:

I would totally buy the first, all gray one.

2. Ed Spicer says:

Where are the fish?

• Travis says:

Ha – once a manufacturer steps forward, we’ll have to let them know that there’s a demand for cardigan t-shirts featuring fish!

3. j says:

all for it – the patterns are a bit scary
    all for black and other colors

they are sort of like those t-shirts with long beads

4. Jenny says:

Last year around the holidays, Target actually had a cardigan t-shirt – a t-shirt with a pale blue “sweater” cardigan with snowmen on it. I wanted to get it for my husband, but they were sold out of his size.

5. I like the final mock-up you have there. It’s a way to get the ubiquitous “book-themed” cardigan, without experiencing the shame of actually “owning” it.

6. leslie says:

hmm, i would go with the first one as well, made in a variety of colors…maybe find a mr. rogers look-alike to model it, wearing chuckies to complete the ensemble?

7. Jess says:

But what happens when your library is overly air-conditioned and you have to put a cardigan on OVER your cardigan t-shirt?

8. LynnKertell says:

What do you think of a knitted vest tee-shirt?

Plus, this would be more appropriate in your air-conditioned library, when the cardigan goes on over the tee.

9. Rochelle says:

Please, please start manufacturing!!

Bright colours, black anything will do… the librarian at last will have an official easy to recognise dress/uniform

10. Kathy Nixie says:

I need long sleeves and it’s got to have a pocket somewhere.

love those tshirts!

Kathy

11. Melanie says:

I think a librarian cardigan really should have dancing cats and shooting stars on it. But, if that isn’t a choice, I’d go for the cow one.

12. tuttle88 says:

I would totally wear these in a non ironic way but tell people I was wearing them ironically.