The Taylor Lautner Problem: When Heartthrobs Go Missing in the Library

A message to Taylor Lautner: stop being so handsome will ya? It seems like any time your flawless mug appears on a book cover in my school library, it goes M.I.A.

It happened last year with this book…

Lautner 1 215x300 The Taylor Lautner Problem: When Heartthrobs Go Missing in the Library

…and now it’s happened again.

Lautner 2 300x260 The Taylor Lautner Problem: When Heartthrobs Go Missing in the Library
I’m calling it The Taylor Lautner Problem (not to be confused with The Tebow Problem). Do heartthrobs ever go missing in your library?
share save 171 16 The Taylor Lautner Problem: When Heartthrobs Go Missing in the Library

Comments

1. Stacy Dillon says:

If Captain Underpants counts as a heart throb, then yes! : )

2. Anne says:

I suspect it as an inside job.

3. Holly says:

At my school, it’s all the books on the professional wrestling stars. I had a first grader tell me, “I’ll bring my other book back, but I’m keeping the John Cena book.”

4. Rachael says:

Just Sam, really, but I can usually find him at home on the couch.

5. PragmaticMom says:

LOL! How funny that he goes missing! Still popular I guess!

6. My elementary students have a love/hate relationship with Justin Bieber…several upper elementary girls have sidled up to me asking (in hushed tones, of course) if we have any Justin Bieber books, yet they vociferously deny their Bieber Fever in front of their peers. :-) Justin often strays from our shelves never to return.

7. RNB says:

I’m curious about a school library budget that has enough money to purchase such marginal and quickly obsolete titles. I think my budget is generous, but I can’t justify purchasing celebrity and sports hero titles.

• Travis Jonker says:

Thanks for your curiosity. I hear you on purchasing titles that might become obsolete quickly – we do our best to be picky. It’s actually one of the few celeb bios we offer. But we also take student requests, and this was one highly requested guy. I figure fulfilling some of these more trendy requests is worthwhile.